We’ve made it easy for you to nominate individuals for an award from IAD. There are two ways you can do this: 1) online – go green by using the form below or 2) offline – print out the hard copy PDF form and mail to IAD Awards Chairperson Angela Botz.
Award Descriptions and Criteria
Presented to former IAD Officer/director of IAD or Chapter officer(s), for special contributions to the IAD. This award was named in memory of John & Beatrice Davis, IAD leaders.
- Must be an IAD Member at least 6 years.
- Must be former officer/director of IAD or Chapter(s) of IAD for at least 4 years.
- Have been an active part of the deaf community services that is not connected to IAD. (This does not include any sport leadership)
Presented to an individual(s) in recognition of outstanding service to the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- Must be a resident of Illinois.
- Must have demonstrated unique service to the deaf and hard of hearing throughout Illinois in the past 2 years.
- Must have been an active part of the deaf community more than five years.
Presented to an organization or agency in recognition of excellence in advocacy for accessible. This award was named in memory of Lowell J. Myers, deaf lawyer.
Presented to an individual member of IAD who carries the spirit of the IAD in all levels of their work, demonstrating exemplary commitment, dedication and service.
Presented to legislators who have given exceptional support for the rights of people who are deaf and hard of hearing.
Presented to individual(s) between the ages of 14-18 and 19-28 years old, one whose dedication, vision, and leadership have made a difference in the deaf community.
Presented to individual member(s) of IAD who is the consummate deaf senior citizen and has applied his/her energy and talent to make a difference in the community.